What You Will Be Doing:
Ensure Insightec maintains an effective program to comply with laws and policies applicable to its business around the world.
Advise and assist the Chief Legal Officer, senior management and the Board of Directors in fulfilling their responsibilities to ensure compliance.
Manage the company’s Enterprise Risk Management program to identify and monitor significant risks associated with its business and appropriate mitigation actions.
Specific compliance and privacy responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain an effective compliance program in accordance with recommended best practices, including guidance from governmental authorities (e.g., US DoJ, HHS-OIG; UK SFO) and from applicable industry codes (e.g., AdvaMed, MedTech Europe, APACMed).
- Update and maintain the company’s Compliance Action Plan and drive tasks to completion in a timely fashion.
- Ensure the company’s Code of Conduct and other policies are adequate and current and understood through periodic training, both in person and using information technology.
- Manage Ethics hotline reports and address compliance concerns, as applicable
- Manage compliance investigations, corrective actions, record keeping, and disciplinary actions, as needed.
- Prepare reports and provide quarterly updates to the company’s ethics & compliance committees at senior executive and Board level.
- Update and maintain data privacy and security policies including HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA and others, as industry privacy rules evolve.
- Serve as Company’s Data Protection Officer for purposes of GDPR.
- Ensure compliance with legal and policy rules applicable to distributors, sales agents and other third party sellers, including due diligence, contracting, training and monitoring.
- Support ownership of legal and compliance imperatives by business leaders through needs assessments, committee meetings and other operating mechanisms.
- Chair Data Privacy and Security Committee (comprising IT, Legal, R&D and compliance personnel) and advise on improvements to Company’s technology security and data privacy & security functions.
- Update and maintain internal Legal/Compliance Corner website as a resource for all policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Conduct monitoring and auditing activities per Company’s Monitoring and Auditing plan, and update plan as required.
- Work cross-functionally with Finance on global transparency reporting requirements (e.g., US Sunshine Act).
- Monitor and approve HCP payments related to consulting services, reimbursement for travel, business meals and other business courtesies, as required.
- Serve as compliance helpdesk for all policy-related questions or general guidance.
What You Have:
- Excellent academic and legal credentials
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably including experience with a multinational organization and/or a reputable law firm and in health care / life sciences
- Strong analytical thinking, high integrity, result-oriented, self-starter, with hands-on approach
- Ability to work with dynamic multinational and interdisciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Successful candidate(s) will be required to comply with Insightec’s Vaccination Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
A Better Tomorrow
Discover the transformative power of Incisionless Focused Ultrasound.Start a Transformation
©2022 Insightec. All rights reserved.
The information on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always discuss treatment options and treatment outcomes with your physician or other qualified health provider.